Monday, September 21, 2009

New to Blogging and Etsy?

So am I! I've been wanting to blog and sell my handmades on Etsy for some time now. It's been exciting, slow going, overwhelming and simply confusing and did I say exciting?

I am finding my way little by little. On that note, I would like to share some information with you as I go along on this journey in the hopes that we can all keep climbing our mountains and enjoy the view on the summit together!

Here are some wonderful Selling on Etsy links:
Handmadeology: Etsy 101 - This awesome dude Timothy Adam has some really great information - get some hot cocoa, sit back, read and relax! You can also add your Etsy site, your Facebook fan page and your Handmade Blog links on his site for added publicity! Thanks Timothy Adam!

Craftcult: Heartomatic - This site is awesome! It allows you to type in your Etsy user name or ID number to know how many views you have, who hearts your shop, who hearts your items listed and when you were lucky enough to be featured on the front page of Etsy! I've often wondered am I increasing my views, just by checking to see how many views I've had or who hearts me? Now I can check it out, without altering the accuracy of the numbers! And the best part of this site - The Heart Chart....so sweet!!! They also offer some decent deals on advertising!

Google Base - You will need to sign up for a google account, but don't worry it's free! Don't you just love the word FREE! Direct from Google's website is a little information about Google Base: "Google Base is a place where you can easily submit all types of online and offline content, which we'll make searchable on Google (if your content isn't online yet, we'll put it there). You can describe any item you post with attributes, which will help people find it when they do related searches. In fact, based on your items' relevance, users may find them in their results for searches on Google Product Search and even our main Google web search."

Getting more Blog Traffic:
Add your URL to Google - When Google knows about you...everyone can know about you!

5 P's of Successful Blogging - by PamperingBeki

Blogging Tips - This link is for 10 tips on blogging...but there's a lot more information on this site as well - you may go on a few bird walks...so enjoy the info!

Facebook Fan Page - Start one! As you make progress in your fan base, you can click on your "insights; see all" link to view all these really great charts that help you know all of your "interactions": who's watching, when and how many new fans you have this week or total, etc!

So that's it for today, I need to get sewing. I hope this helps you as it has helped me thus far! I will continue to post more helpful tips and hints as I go along, so check back often and enjoy the journey with me! If you have any other tips or hints you'd like to share, please do! I would greatly appreciate it! Have a wonderful week & thanks for reading!

Kerry

psst...if you haven't done so already...check out my previous post for information on my very first giveaway! (All you have to do is check out my Etsy shop and comment back on the post below to be entered to win!)

1 comments :

PamperingBeki said... [Reply]

Thank you for including my link! :)

Post a Comment