Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Edible Wednesday: Japanese Dressing

When I first moved to Portland, Maine, my soon to be husband and I would get to go out on lots of dates to various restaurants and walks in the Old Port. One of my favorite places in the Old Port was and still is Fuji's Japanese Restaurant.

Every night that we wanted to go out, I begged to go to Fuji's because I craved the salad. Finally after going to this place for almost a year, I had to ask for the recipe. Some places will never share their secret recipes...but some do. You'll never know unless you ask! So as soon as I got up the courage to ask what the dressing was made of, our awesome waitress returned with a little torn piece of paper with the following recipe....I call it "Japanese Dressing". So simple and yet So amazing!!!!

It calls for equal parts - but after you make it once - you can skimp here and there or add extra of something - to fit your taste! Enjoy...

1/4 cup Soy Sauce (low sodium if desired)
1/4 cup Vinegar (I prefer Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/4 cup Sesame Oil (in Asian food section)
1/4 cup water
1 Red Apple minced (not grated)

Makes about 4 servings (may have a little leftover)

Use 2 Tbsp of each ingredient and 1/4 apple for 2 Servings.

Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour prior to serving to allow the apple bits to absorb the flavors. I've found it can last about 3 days in the fridge, if you don't eat it all at once!!!

Enjoy it (tomorrow) since my post was so late in the day!!! Good night, k

0 comments :

Post a Comment