Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Edible Wednesday: Guest Chef Dan Vaillancourt


Because this is "FAWM.org Music week"...I thought I would snag one of the "fawmers" (someone that write songs during February Album Writing Month) that I know, who not only loves music, but also LOVES to cook! I met Dan & his wife in my driveway last summer. It was too nice to be indoors so the kids were out at play during this drive-by first time encounter!  I am now very sad to say - he didn't cook (or grill) for us...but I'm hoping the next time he rolls through my town and into my driveway - he will!

Dan Vaillancourt of Funktified Food grew up in a household filled with music and home cooking, it is no surprise that he is as passionate about food as he is about music. After constant inquiry about recipes and cooking techniques from his friends and fans, he is beginning an online cooking series entitled “Funktified Food.”
 

 "I like to cook for many of the same reasons that I like to write and perform music.  I'm one of those people that gets really excited about food.  I like the creative process of experimenting and perfecting recipes/techniques and I love to cook for other people.  My mother is amazingly talented at cooking and baking! Between growing up with home cooked meals everyday, and being able to eat at unique restaurants around the country while traveling, I have an endless supply of inspiration."

The ingredient list is below but for all the directions, watch this awesome pilot episode (no drooling): 'Funktified Food with Dan Vaillancourt'. Dan will begin filming more episodes in just a of couple weeks and cranking out new videos with lots of new recipes soon! If you have some feedback for this pilot episode, please leave a comment on his Funktified Food Facebook fan page. Dan will be implementing some of those suggestions/feedback for the upcoming shows. Stay tuned and follow along at www.funktifiedfood.com.

Ingredient List:

Easy Pizza Crust:
6.5 Oz Pizza Crust Mix
1/2 Cup of Warm Water (or the amount as listed on your Pizza Crust packaging)
1/2 t. Kosher Salt (or 1/4 t. salt)
1 TB Sugar
1 t. Baking Powder
2 TB. Wheat Gluten

1TB of Butter
12 inch Cast Iron Skillet (or any pizza pan or pizza stone)

Toppings:
Sliced Grilled Chicken Breast
Crisp Bacon
Thinly Sliced Carrots
Sliced Red Onions
Fresh Mozzarella/Havarti/Colby (or your favorite cheeses)
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce

Vegetarian Option: Replace chicken and bacon with grilled zucchini and pine nuts.

If you'd like to learn more about Dan and his many musical talents....you can visit him online at DanVaillancourt.com. 

Thanks so much Dan for sharing your awesome pizza with us today on Kid Giddy! Now get out there people and make Dan proud! If you enjoyed this post - please leave a comment below and share the love!

Do you have an awesome recipe you'd like to share? - Your recipe could be a future Edible Wednesday! Click the Contact Me button above and email it to me.  Please include one photo (must be your photo) of said recipe completed - the Ingredients, Directions and the story behind it (and you!). Thanks! kg

0 comments :

Post a Comment