Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy Monday: Brent's Photo Improvement Contest

So I've celebrated Monkey's 7th birthday, hosted her puppy party and hosted my sis and her boys for the whole past week, shipped out orders and more orders and haven't had much time for anything else...but when I saw this, I thought it would be fun to mess around with!

Brent's Photo Improvement challenge was to take this photo and do what we will with it, and learn how to better the photos on our blog! ("Why photo improvement? The purpose of photo improvement contests is obvious. Photos are a POWERFUL part of having an interesting, popular and memorable blog. These photo contests will give you LOTS of examples and tips on how to improve photos, AND give you a chance for some great exposure for your blog." - Brent Riggs)

Here's the Before:
And here's my after...
What do you think? I love rounded corners and thought I'd add a little doodle swirl... for fun. I am not a digital scrapbook chick - or a paper one...but I have fonts to play with!

-kg

4 comments :

Shannon said... [Reply]

This looks great! I am really just starting to learn about photo editing and have not dipped my toes in the scrapbooking world yet :) I entered the blog hop too! I'm excited to have found your blog and to learn more from you!
Shannon

debi9kids said... [Reply]

I love to play around with my photos as well, esp using text and frames.

Your pic turned out really cute :)

You can see mine at my 365 blog :)

Lori said... [Reply]

Great job loved the added swirl.

Born Fabulous said... [Reply]

I love what you did with the swirl! Really catches my attention. Will have to try that sometime!

Post a Comment