Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy Monday: Publishing a Craft Book

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have hoped for a long time to put out a craft book...I have patterns that I have been holding onto, in the hopes that one day...they will grace the pages of a well designed (by my husband the graphic designer of course)....sewing book of sorts.

Well - the time still has not come - and that's ok - I can learn to be patient, but in the meantime I'm doing my research. So this fellow crafter (Heidi Boyd), who I met through a fellow crafter (Phoebe) who I met in the karate dojo, mentioned this crafter (Margot Potter). She wrote this detailed series "How to Write and Publish a Craft Book" on her blog, and Heidi recommended that I read it.  Thank you Heidi!
It is completely chock full of information. And I'm linking it here as my quick reference tool, and I'm also sharing the link here in the hopes that it will benefit some of you too! I do believe I am not alone in my quest to be a published crafter!
I knew I'd have to submit queries and some of the other basics, but this is really some of the background "stuff"! I love that Margot is journaling for lack of a better word, her experiences as she's working on yet another book! Thanks Margot for letting me share your series!

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to keep working on some cute stuffies for my very first craft show! I'll have more on that soon!




The photo of Margot Potter above and the image of her newest book "Bead Chic" are used with her permission. 

1 comments :

Jennifer said... [Reply]

Great post! I've been toying with the idea of writing a craft book for quite some time. A little insight from a craft book author is a great help in finding out about the process of getting published.

Post a Comment