Monday, January 16, 2012

Busy Monday: The Gnome Girls made it to STUFFED


I've waited forever to share this awesome news...and then when I finally could, one thing lead to another, and I got sick for 6 weeks out of 7! I've been playing catch up ever since.



Some of you may recognize these little gnome girls from my Designer Showcase table last year at the Craft and Hobby Winter Show. And although that was their first "official" outing in public and away from their forest, their story goes much further back in time! These Gnome girls were based off of my twin sister Sue and I! She has always had a love of Fairies and I have always loved gnomes and all things small, cute, and imaginary (but real - always real).

I was so excited to submit these Gnome Girls (GNaomi and Willow) to be considered for the Winter 2012 issue of STUFFED Magazine and then almost missed the deadline thinking I could submit it via email. Nope. Not really! I frantically mailed them out over night at the last minute and they were still - miraculously - accepted for submission.


Then a couple of months later I was in the car with my family (not driving) and was checking my emails. I got an email from STUFFED and found out that my Gnome girls were going to appear in the Winter issue! I was so excited I cried. My daughters felt so bad that I was crying - until I told them why. Then they asked "well - why are you crying if you are so excited mommy"! Gotta love the things kids say! Excited just wasn't even a strong enough word for it!



Eventually I received an email with a PDF copy of the spread to proof. Again - so excited. Now it was real. No matter how many issues or publications I've seen my designs in, a new one is still so exciting and even validating. That I must be doing something right!

The other happy surprise I discovered after the publication was released on the Stampington website, was the surprise mug shot of my Gnome Girls on the Table of Contents too! These girls must have been so pumped and had so much fun at their photo shoot! lol! (they are real you know!)


I haven't decided yet if I will offer this pattern in my first sewing pattern book or online in my Etsy shop. So stay tuned! It will be available at some point! I promise.

If you want to make Gnaomi & Willow's adorable tent, click this Mini Tent link. I love giving some things for free...I thought every little kid (and adult) should make a little tent like this one for all their imaginary (real) friends! It would make a great little house for a family pet too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for reading all my kid giddy news! I love what I do and love sharing it with all of my readers. I leave for this years Craft and Hobby Winter Show in just 10 days! So I have to get busy! Keep checking back for more fun stuff and my Anna Griffin Fabric and Patterns giveaway! You know - these yummy (Butterfly, Sunflower, Peony, Dog Bone & Scotty Dog) patterns....that's right! I have one of each pattern to dish out, and some awesome Anna Griffin fat quarter fabric bundles to some lucky readers! You won't want to miss it!


Have an awesome day and a wonderful week everyone!






http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e




2 comments :

Marie {Make and Takes} said... [Reply]

Congrats, Kerry! So fun to see them on the page :)

Kelle said... [Reply]

Congratulations on being published!! So exciting for you and the gnomes are to die for!
Kelle BYW comment train:)

Post a Comment