Thursday, September 24, 2015

Easy Mushrooms with Sizzix Circle Dies

I'm over on the Sizzix blog today showing you how to make these really easy mushrooms with various Sizzix circle die cut sizes. You can customize them any way you'd like, to make coasters, decorative tea towels or hot pads.



I made this entire set for my swap partner when I hosted the Gnome Swap on instagram. She asked for something "gnomey" for her kitchen, and I just couldn't resist. The coasters fit perfectly in this little cross stitch box I picked up at Target. They finish at 3 1/2" wide.
 
If you want to make a cute and simple tea towel or bar towel set, do a little needle turn applique or make it quicker with raw edge applique as I did.


To make a set of hot pads - make them as quick and easy as the coasters, or treat them like mini quilts and add some fun quilting and of course binding around the edge.

Check out the tutorial over on the Sizzix blog and share your #kidgiddy mushrooms with me on Instagram or Facebook

Thanks for stopping by. For more info about my dies with Sizzix, check out the Sizzix Website and watch my videos on You Tube. To get the kid giddy inside scoop before everyone else - sign up for my newsletter below. Have a great weekend.





http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e



1 comments :

sewn by leanne said... [Reply]

Love the cross stitch box and the cute coasters !

Post a Comment