Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Edible Wednesday: MacDaddy Meat Sauce

I have some of the coolest friends!!! And this friend asked her hubby if I could share this awesome recipe with you all - and guess what, he said "Yes"!

They only really referred to it as the Best Meat Sauce in the whole world...and I pretty much agree since I went to her house when it was being made and almost fell over when the aroma smacked me in the face! I just wasn't expecting to smell something that yummy without being in a restaurant. Wow - was I pleasantly surprised, and so was my tummy! So without further wait - I give you the "MacDaddy Meat Sauce" as I lovingly have named it....MacDaddy referring to the "person" and MacDaddy referring to the "status" of this being the best in the whole world!

Ingredients:
1 Large Onion diced
4 Cloves Garlic minced
1lb Sausage
1lb Ground Beef
1 Cup Red Wine
1 Bay Leaf
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Thyme
2 tsp Basil
Crushed Tomatoes
Tomato Sauce
Tomato paste (if it's too runny)
Sugar
1tbsp Beef Bouillon

Directions:
Brown the meat and the sausage. Mix all ingredients in a deep pot and simmer. The longer you cook it - the better it is!

Now why in the world you would want to go and put this on pasta is beyond me - I'd eat it on a spoon straight from the pot...however...we live in a society - where that is not always appropriate - in which case I would highly recommend you making some really yummy pasta and cooking it to perfection...lay down the sauce and enjoy! No drooling on the computer people!!! (or on my blog - get cooking!) See you next Wednesday for some more yummy yums! -kg

Do you have an awesome recipe you'd like to share? - Your recipe could be a future Edible Wednesday! Click the Contact Me button above and email it to me.  Please include one photo (must be your photo) of said recipe completed - the Ingredients, Directions and the story behind it. Thanks!

0 comments :

Post a Comment