How amazing does this Focaccia Sandwich look? I can assure you it was amazing! But if you really want to know for yourself - go ahead...give it a try!
Here's what you need:
Focaccia Bread (I don't make my breads and feel just fine buying them fresh!)
Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball
Large Ripe Tomatoes
Fresh Basil (whole or sliced)
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Sliced Turkey (or Prosciutto, both are optional)
Here's what you do:
1. Cut your Focaccia Bread into squares approx. 3 x 3 (or smaller for appetizers).
2. Baste a little EVOO on both sides of your Focaccia Bread.
3. Slice your mozzarella ball. Each slice should be approx 1/4" thick. Be generous!
4. Lay your Mozzarella on the top side of your bread.
5. After slicing the avocado, lay the slices across the mozzarella.
6. On the other side place your Turkey or Prosciutto.
7. Slice your tomato, and lay one slice down (or a few if it's a small tomato)
8. Top this side off with basil - sliced and diced or whole!
9. Slap the 2 sides together.
Now you're all done...so what are you waiting for - open wide and take a yummy bite! Please share this recipe with others! Thanks!
If you have a recipe you'd like to share, please drop me an email by clicking the "contact me" button up above! Thanks! -kg