Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Totem Eagle Paper Piecing Pattern

A long time ago I got this Totem Pole Quilt idea. I wanted to make an entire quilt that represented my family in totem pole format. For my Totem, I decided to start with the eagle, which is by far one of my most favorite creatures to watch endless soaring in the sky, especially in my own neighborhood. I guess making a totem pole quilt felt right and fun, knowing I have Native American blood in my ancestry (the Tribe of Powhatan) and am excited to see where this takes me. If you are interested in making a tribal totem eagle for yourself - you can find my Totem Eagle pattern in my Kid Giddy Etsy shop or in my Kid Giddy Craftsy shop.

You don't have to make a quilt out of it and you don't have to use printed pattern fabric as I did - you can easily make the eagle as a banner, as Holly Hughes did below (@hollygetsquilty on IG), and choose solids or a combination or solids and prints. Holly also added some embroidery which gives it a special touch too. Thanks Holly for testing my pattern and for the pics!

When I have time I will continue to add more animals to my own totem (and in my shops), and then begin making all the animals for my husband's totem, as well as animal totems for each of my daughters too. They have already picked their animals - I just need more time to design them and whip them up in EQ7.

If you join in the totem making fun - please share your pics with me on IG @kidgiddy.

Have a great week.


http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e



0 comments :

Post a Comment