Thursday, December 10, 2015

100 Blocks in 50 Days - My Second Quilt Block

I'm back with my second (and last) block "Summer Bloom" (download the block pattern here) that I created specifically for the Janome 100 quilt blocks in 50 days, using the Cotton Couture Solids from Michael Miller fabrics.
This Summer Bloom block was made just as many flowers in my yard were sprouting up, but not yet in full bloom. Aside from Summer, Spring is one of my most favorite times of year. I love all of the flowers and look forward to new blooms we've added to the landscape. I didn't have a particular flower in mind, but looking at it now, makes me think of Hostas - you know the ones the deer always eat before we see the long center flower towering above it's leaf base. Some of the points are a bit tricky - I'm sure I'll get them all next time. 
Here are both of my blocks together. I hope you'll enjoy both of these blocks. If you didn't see my first block "Preppy Love" (as shown above) click the link to visit the post for more info. While you are creating...don't forget about all of your scraps - they matter too...Here's what I did with mine. I am going to cut this block up into 4 little blocks and put some white sashing in between them. Maybe add it to a big scrappy quilt someday.
Please share your Summer Bloom and Preppy Love block variations with me on social media by tagging me on IG @kidgiddy. I'd love to see them. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter by clicking on the link below. Have a great week.




http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e

Disclosure: I was provided fabric for the making of this block but the opinions set forth are always my own.

0 comments :

Post a Comment