Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Introducing the Sew Plush Planner

Many of you have seen my newest pattern the Sew Plush Planner on my Kid Giddy Instagram feed and some of you lucky folks got a glimpse of it at Glamp Stitchalot! But now I'm sharing it over here with some more details on how this started as the Bullet Planner Page Blocks I designed in Electric Quilt EQ8 program and became so much more!

The Sew Plush Planner started out as a two Foundation Paper Piecing blocks I designed in Electric Quilt EQ8 program, that represented planner pages and tabs (or pages with tab dividers) for bullet journals and planners.

What started as two blocks or "pages" for a placemat or "keyboard rug", became 4, and then 6 and then a whole quilt worth of pages and tabs and inside covers (because the EQ8 program makes it easy to make all the various blocks so quick)!
I went down a really fun rabbit hole of "well if this tab is flipped over here, then this side would be less tabs than it started with". Then "if all the tabs were on this side, the front inside cover would look like this, while the back inside cover would look like this if they flipped to the other side". I couldn't stop until finally I was done and ran out of the basic options. Of course there are so many more options and hacks, but I wanted to stick with this here and see what more you all come up with to add to my pattern.

As I began sewing the first two blocks, I immediately thought I want to have little tabs to actually pick up to turn the pages. This one little thought started me down a whole new rabbit hole, now lovingly called the #SewPlushPlanner! Here's a quick little video of it you can see in action.



There are so many options and different opportunities to mix and match and only make the "pages" you really need and want. Since designing it and putting it out and during (the many) conversations with my twin sister Sue @MossandLotus, we've decided it would make a great Plush Baby Book, a Plush Quiet Book (as we have always wanted to design and make since our kids were babies), Plush Memory Book and so much more! Make it plush, stick stuff inside and take it with you, or store it in a hope chest (if filled with memories).

Use fun fabrics to really convey the message you want to send...I loved using the Trixie fabrics (and Kinder letters) from Heather Ross and the Jot fabrics from Heather Givans (both for Windham Fabrics).

The little add ons for each page (or spread) are so fun and can be used for Sewing, Cross Stitching, Needle work, Scrapbooking, Planner Accessories and so many other things. What will you use your SewPlushPlanner for? What will you stash inside? Do you have a favorite page? Let me know in the comments below or join my Kid Giddy Facebook group and share away! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks so much for all the love on this new pattern of mine. So many of you have purchased it already and I'm looking forward to seeing all your #SewPlushPlanners! If you have a great add on hack idea - please be sure to share it with me so I can see and enjoy it! As I am one of the Electric Quilt Company Brand Ambassadors this year, they have given me a special treat for you...if you are interested in getting EQ8 for yourself or anything else on their site - please feel free to use this discount code "EQ8Kerry" to save 20% off your purchase (not an affiliate code).




http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e


Disclosure: As a brand ambassador for Electric Quilt Company, I have received the EQ8 product for free, but the opinions and comments provided are always my own. This is not an affiliate code. Thank you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment