So - to get the Pizza on a Stick recipe - go here....and to get creative - try my CinnaPops with this easy peasy recipe!!!
- Get a ball of fresh pizza dough from your local pizza shop or grocery store. Put it in a bowl with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise to double it's size.
- On a clean surface (would you really use a dirty one?)....Press it out from the center working your way around. Your dough should not be sticky - if it is - have some flour near by - but the olive oil should do the trick.Keep pressing until you have a nice huge rectangle. The thinner you go - the more you will roll it up in the end.
- Melt a half a stick of butter (yeah - I never said they were healthy!)...and spread that all around with a basting brush (evenly). (if you like your layers thick - use less butter).
- In a shaking container (or you can spend way too much money and buy it this way) mix sugar and cinnamon to your liking. I mix a one to one ratio (1/4 cup of each)! With all the butter - the least I can do is cut down on the sugar - right? Sprinkle, evenly coating the whole thing.
- When you are done with that - roll from the back forward and working your way from one end of the roll to the other and back. Pinch closed when you get to the edge. Cut in the center, and keep cutting each section in half until you have about 16 rolls.
- Lay parchment paper down on your pan for easier clean up and use a pan with sides so the butter won't drip out and create a fire hazard. Spread them out evenly - warm your oven to 350 degrees - bake until golden brown about 15 min. (Oven times may vary).
- DO NOT put the sticks in the oven to bake. The sticks can be put in after taking them out of the oven to cool. You can get the sticks where ever they sell Candy, Chocolate or cake making supplies. 100 for about $6 is not horrible - but if you bring a 40 or 50% off coupon it's a great deal!
Now - I would highly recommend you add to it things like: Raisins, Pecans or Vanilla Ice Cream to boot and really jazz them up. Just be sure to send them to school free of tree nuts if there are allergies present in the classroom! (or if the school is peanut free in general like my daughter's).
Let your kids in on the fun - it's so easy and yummy - and will be ready in no time! Enjoy! Next week we will be serving up some more easy sssssoup! Good night. -kg