Friday, January 22, 2010

Giddy Up Friday: Getting Ready for School....

Every morning it's the same thing. "Girls - it's not time to play you need to get ready for school". "but mommy....we just want to play.", "yeah mommy, I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing". WHAT - have we not done this everyday for the last 4 months????? Sound familiar?

Ready to Color in Chart
Well I couldn't take it anymore so I began the search - I can't seem to find a decent chart out there with all that I want/need on it - so I made my own. And I'm sharing them with you. I'm including one that includes the images in each box. They wanted to draw the pictures, so I filled in their words and left their images blank. Once they have drawn their pictures, then I'll have their pages laminated so they can use some washable crayons or dry erase markers....yep - crayons! Dry erasers - what was I thinking?!Then I made just this blank one. That way - if your child needs to feed a pet or does not like to eat breakfast...then you can make your own list. I have made them very simple. My daughters are artists - so they tend to doodle around the edges! Use stickers - use markers - whatever works - just use it! Feel free to share it - but don't use the files without my permission please!

Blank Chart
I'd love to see some finished pages. If you'd like to send me some - click the contact KG link above and send them my way. Have a great weekend! -kg

3 comments :

MammaD09 said... [Reply]

Love this! I think I may use this with my 2 boys that are in school and even make a chore chart as well. It is such a fight to get them to do anything in the mornings.

Kari D

kdunbar08@gmail.com

Mom said... [Reply]

You could also print out (or draw) several big checkmarks or "X's" or each child's initials or smiley faces or whatever... and after cutting all of them out, laminate if desired then turn them into removeable stickers (use a "temporary adhesive" on the back - it comes in a tube like a glue stick but it's the same stuff as sticky notes have on them and is not a permanent glue). That way, no chance for messy hands in the morning at the last minute after kids put up their stickers!

Hen Jen said... [Reply]

great idea! love it!

I need one that just says, "did I brush my teeth, wash my face, brush my hair, get dressed...shoes and socks too"

I don't know why, but I have to verbally run through this list every morning with my 10 and 8 year old. I don't know why....
why?

Post a Comment