Sunday, October 16, 2022

The 2022 Prom Dress

Back in April and May my daughter and I began to dive deep into making her Junior Prom dress. It was so much work, especially during finals, but so rewarding to see her twirling around and dancing in it. 

We live draped her dress to draft the pattern so it would fit her perfectly. 
She absolutely wanted the dress to have a circle skirt and wanted it in a light gold, champagne color. She wanted it to be a v-neck in both the front and back.

She also knew she wanted some kind of accessory but in the end we had two options, an over-skirt or a cape. Funny enough we couldn't settle on just one, so we made it interchangeable. If she wore it as a cape, she would hook the eye hooks under the shoulder seams. And I stitched tiny thread loops on the front so she could hook it as an over-skirt.

We had so much fun making her dress. I shared a video reel of it on my Instagram page if you'd like to see her prom dress twirling. Have any questions? Please let me know in the comments below or drop me a dm through Kid Giddy on Instagram. 




http://kidgiddy.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=9ea4c419178a2e61b529af8aa&id=975aef860e

0 comments :

Post a Comment